WHAT IS MERCY?
Playing with my brother as a boy in West Virginia often left me crying “uncle!” When the playing got a little too rough, the only way out of my brother’s famous leg squeeze was to cry “uncle” – the magic word that set me free!
Ecclesiastes 3:1 says “there is a time for everything.” Today, the world has often put the “squeeze” on us. Hebrews 4:16 says, “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
We often find ourselves crying out for mercy – “Have mercy upon me, Lord Jesus!”
Psalm 34:17-18 says, “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in Spirit.”
Waves of Mercy is reaching the thousands standing in line…one at a time. Boys living on the streets of Port-de-Paix, women – bruised reeds – selling their very bodies to put food on the table. These are Christians who have fallen and become the broken-hearted, the many who have been crushed in Spirit by the weight of the world. There are too many problems to continue, and too much religion to end all of them…the magic word is no longer “uncle,” but Christ Jesus.
Waves of Mercy is here to introduce the fallen, brokenhearted, and those crushed in Spirit to the love of God….and God is ready to lavish a love upon them unlike anything they have ever known.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe that God has spoken to us through the Bible, and we recognize it as the ultimate authority for our lives.
- We believe that God desires an intimate relationship with each of us.
- We believe that every environment should be designed to effectively connect with its target audience.
- We believe that God’s message of forgiveness through Christ is most effectively conveyed within the context of personal relationships.
- We believe that accountability, belonging, care, and spiritual growth happen best with relationally-connected believers.
- We believe that our spiritual gifts have maximum impact when exercised in support of our strategy.
- We believe that we are responsible to pass along to others the knowledge, skills, and opportunities that have been entrusted to us.